Sharing meal prep and this week’s menu if you need inspiration (I know I always do).
Meal prep and planning is not my favorite weekend activity but it saves so much time, energy, and the pantry/ fridge space. We keep convenience meals to a minimum, and I like cooking in general, but I don’t have enough brain cells left to come up with dinner ideas on a typical week night. I have been doing it for a few years now, so the whole process doesn’t take very long. Here is my process and the tips I learned that make it easier/ faster (more tips in older posts here and here):
This week’s menu:
- Italian sausage sandwiches, salad. For the sandwiches: ciabatta, Italian sausage (mild or sweet variety because of Phoebe), sautéed bell peppers and onion seasoned with dried oregano, mozzarella.
- Kielbasa with vegetable skillet. For the vegetables: mushrooms, onion, zucchini, potato. Fresh dill and parsley are good in this.
- Tortilla crusted tilapia, rice, green beans. Tilapia is premade from Costco.
- Croque Monsieur sandwiches, white bean soup.
- Chicken Tikka Masala, spinach, naan.