These grilled salmon patties are the best and are the only way I make salmon patties now. Normally, I’d open a can or two to make quick salmon patties for dinner, and we like them that way too. This time around I had some leftover grilled salmon in the freezer that needed to be used, so I used that instead. They turned out amazing. We now purposely grill extra salmon to have leftovers so that I could make these.
Another thing that makes these grilled salmon patties so good, is that instead of traditional coating of breadcrumbs, I lightly dredged them in flour. They come out less “bready” this way.
Instead of grilled salmon, broiled or roasted salmon would work great as well. For the sauce, I quickly mixed mayonnaise with some horseradish, chopped capers, and lemon juice – it works perfectly with these salmon patties. This sauce is another favorite.
More quick seafood dinners:
Tilapia in Roasted Red Pepper Sauce ( cod or flounder work well too)
Salmon Teriyaki with Roasted Broccoli (scroll down the post for the recipe)
- 4 cups grilled salmon (broiled or roasted will work as well)
- 1 cup bread crumbs (I used regular)
- 2 eggs
- 2-3Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
- 1tsp lemon juice ( eyeball it, a bit more is fine)
- 1/2 tsp dried garlic and onion, each
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 1tsp Old Bay seasoning ( or paprika if you don’t have Old Bay)
- Flake the salmon with two forks, removing bones and skin.
- Mix salmon with the rest of the ingredients just until everything is combined.
- Shape into patties about 2 inches (5 cm) wide. Lightly dredge in flour, shaking off flour excess.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of cooking oil (I always use canola) in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the patties for about 3 min per side, until golden brown.